- The Client Portal is a web browser based application that utilizes SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology that creates an encrypted connection between your computer and our server, so there is no need to worry about security.
- Files containing sensitive information, no longer have to be emailed.
- This eliminates the need to call the office to get a password to get into the file AND it allows quick and easy transfer of data files that are just to large to send via email, like QuickBooks.
- Allows access to your information 24/7, so you are not limited to OUR business hours.
- The ability to upload/review/edit and save documents in a secure environment.
- Enhances collaborative file creation and review between you and our firm.
- Incorporates a “Private” section of the Client Portal for our clients to store confidential information only they have access to.
- Once your files are completed, they will be published to the Portal, eliminating the need to wait for them to arrive via mail.
- Should we need any information from you, you can upload it to the Portal for immediate retrieval, eliminating the need for us to wait for delivery.
Why the change?
External Factors such as:
- IRC 7216 is a criminal provision enacted by Congress in 1971, that is being amended, prohibits preparers of tax returns from knowingly or recklessly disclosing or using tax return information.
- Sarbanes Oxley
- Graham Leach Bliley Act
- State Privacy Acts
- Regulates; those who handle and control of confidential financial information. Strict penalties are imposed on those who do not comply with these requirements.
Who has access to your portal?
Only those who you give access can view, retrieve and post documents. You can set up as many users as you would like, but please keep in mind they have access to everything you are able to access. Documents posted to client portal can be viewed by our staff. However documents stored on your “Private” section of portal can only be viewed by you and your users.
Click here to return to the Client Portal